You have skipped the navigation, tab for page content

Fast facts

• Born in Bega, NSW
  • Made his first-grade debut in 2012 for the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs
  • Part of the premiership-winning Melbourne Storm team in 2017
  • Scored 11 tried in first-grade 155 appearances
  • State of Mind Advocate since 2016

Biography

Dale was born in the southern NSW coastal town of Bega, where he played junior football for the Bega Roosters.

He has built a reputation as one of the toughest players in the competition on the back of his uncompromising style of play.

In 2012 Dale made his first-grade debut for the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs where he also played junior football while still in high school.

Dale signed with the Melbourne Storm in 2015 and after playing in three grand finals in his career, he was part of the premiership-winning team in 2017.

Seeing those close to him experience mental illness has inspired Dale to become involved in outreach and education as an Advocate for the NRL's State of Mind program.

People in my life have been affected - I've seen loved ones and people close to me suffering with anxiety and depression.

Dale Finucane Melbourne Storm

"This has given me insight and the drive to help people identify the signs of mental illness and putting them in the direction of professional help."

Dale urges people not to suffer in silence.

"Talk to someone and don't go through it alone."

Storm star Dale Finucane talks to camera during his induction in Melbourne.
Storm star Dale Finucane talks to camera during his induction in Melbourne.
Acknowledgement of Country

National Rugby League respects and honours the Traditional Custodians of the land and pay our respects to their Elders past, present and future. We acknowledge the stories, traditions and living cultures of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples on the lands we meet, gather and play on.