Fast facts

Favourite book: The Secret

Favourite colour: Black

Favourite holiday destination: Hawaii

Least favourite food: Cauliflower

If I could be an animal I would be: Eagle

Famous person I would like to meet: Tom Brady

Biography

Darius, or Darbs as he is known to his friends, was born on the Gold Coast in Queensland and grew up with his mother, grandmother, grandfather and uncle. He was shy and reserved as a little boy but he loved to tackle, so he started playing Rugby League when he was six years old. In his spare time, he loved playing sport, playing with his friends and playing video games.

Darius supported the Brisbane Broncos as a child, passionately cheering them on, not realising that he would one day become a Bronco legend! The day Brisbane Broncos Coach Wayne Bennett told Darius he was making his NRL debut, he told his grandmother first, she was very proud of him.

From that moment, Darius continued to celebrate milestones in the NRL, winning Premierships and being Captain of the Brisbane Broncos were career highlights for him.

Now, Darius is living in Brisbane, Queensland with his wife and three daughters. He is very grateful for the wonderful NRL career he has had and now looks forward to being an NRL ambassador, making a difference in the community. Darius really enjoys State of Mind programs, going to Community and Sponsorship events and running Coaching Clinics.

Darius’ goal as an ambassador is to promote the game of Rugby League and make a genuine difference in the community.

Acknowledgement of Country

National Rugby League respects and honours the Traditional Custodians of the land and pay our respects to their Elders past, present and future. We acknowledge the stories, traditions and living cultures of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples on the lands we meet, gather and play on.